With travel websites now characterized heavily by consumer generated content allowing people to share information the link between travel and social media is now greater than ever.
The hospitality and travel industry is becoming increasingly aware of the importance of social media to reach out to customers.
Here are some interesting statistics taken from various trusted sources including Nielsen and the WTM Industry Report and Global Trends Report 2012.
- 55% “liked” Facebook pages specific to a vacation
- 76% post vacation photos to a social network
- 40% post restaurant reviews
- 40% post activity/attraction reviews
Social Media Influence on Travelers
The following applies to those who used social media as part of their research when looking for a holiday.
- 33% switched hotels
- 5% switched airlines
- 10% switched resorts
- 92% of consumers around the world say they trust earned media above all forms of advertising.
CTICo offer social media management services that build leads, sales and maintain effective public relations and customer support. For more information you can visit our digital marketing page or contact us.